- 1Set some boundaries. Even though you're having fun, you need to set yourself boundaries, your health can be at serious risk if you play too much! So, set yourself some boundaries, like play on the computer for a couple of hours then have a break.
- 2Relax. In your break, you can get something to eat and drink, and sit down and relax for a bit, maybe go outside and take a walk a bit.
- Your break needs to range from a half an hour to an hour, don't have a short break and go back on it.
- 3After the time is up, go back on and enjoy some more playing time, make sure to keep having breaks, otherwise you may damage your health!
- 4Don't stay up too late on it either, you need sleep, and if you have school or college or university or even work, you will be tired and have a bad day!
- If you have something important to get up for, be responsible and get to bed early, otherwise you will regret it the next day.
- Don't get angry at yourself for switching it off, you can play more later or the next day.
- If you've been playing so much that you are experiencing these symptoms, it might be a good idea to take a break from the computer for a couple of days. Maybe even a week, if necessary.
- If you are enjoying yourself so much that you can't get yourself off, get someone else to tell you when it's time to take a break!
- Go outside for an hour or so.
- Signs to know when you have had too much time on the computer:
- Your hands start hurting
- You feel tired, dizzy and/or sick
- Your eyes start to hurt.
- More than several coffee or tea cups at the desk.
- If you play too much, you can get serious problems, and it can damage your health, symptoms can range from, dizziness and sickness, headaches, eyes hurting, hands hurting, body feels weird. All these symptoms can happen, depending on how much you play!
- If you start to feel faint, get extreme headaches, or feel stiff stop immediately. Some people can faint, or have seizures if they are on too a computer too long.