1Sign up for a free online course
2Read about Cryptography
- 1Get standard books to learn about this subject. Look around the web, read some reviews and pick the book that you think most suits your needs.
- 2Stick with it. Try not to miss out on stuff in between, incomplete knowledge can be worse than no knowledge.
- 3Try practicing. Instead of just sticking to the theory, try to code something on your computer. You could use online tools like:
- CrypTool: http://www.cryptool.org/en/
- 1Find other resources. There are plenty of other websites that provide information about Cryptography. Some of these are:
- Learn Cryptography: http://learncryptography.com/
- The Geek Stuff: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/07/cryptography-basics/
- 2Ask around. Find people, in real life or the virtual world who have prior experience in computer and network security. Post questions/try to answer questions on online forums, this will help expand your knowledge base.
- 3Be curious and have fun! That's what learning is all about.
- Start off with introductory courses and work your way up to advanced.