10 Second Summary1. Open Snapchat.
2. Swipe right on the camera screen.
3. Tap a contact's name.
4. Tap the video camera button.
5. Tap Call if prompted.
6. Tap the video camera button again to hang up.
- 1Open the Snapchat app. It's the icon that resembles a white ghost outlined on a yellow background.
- If you aren't logged into Snapchat, tap Log In and enter your username (or email address) and password.
- 2Swipe right on the camera screen. This will take you to the Chat page.
- 3Tap a contact's name. Doing so will open your chat history with them.
- 4Tap the video camera icon. It's at the bottom of the screen, to the right of the circular button.
- If this is your first time video chatting with someone, tap Call on the warning about cellular data here.
- 5Wait for your call to connect. In order accept your call, your contact must currently be using the Chat section of the Snapchat app. Once they accept your call, you'll be able to talk and view each other live.
- 6Tap the video camera icon again to hang up. If your contact doesn't hang up, you'll still be able to see their side of the video chat--they just won't be able to see yours.
- If you're on the receiving end of a call in the Chat window, all you need to do is tap the video camera button.
- If you can't get this to work, your Snapchat app may not be up to date.